06. Apr 2021 Lucas Kuehner appointed as new CEO of INFORS HT
The board of directors of INFORS HT has appointed Lucas Kuehner as the CEO effective March 1. He succeeds Michael Hawrylenko, who has left top management.
After his studies in business administration in Basel, he began his career in management consulting, where he acquired extensive expertise in strategic development and implementation. He subsequently transferred to an international group, where, among other responsibilities, he headed the U.S. subsidiary before he was appointed to the group management in Basel. As division head, he assumed responsibility for the global introduction and optimization of business processes and developed strategies for customer care and sales approaches through digital technologies.
"We are pleased to have found in Lucas Kuehner a CEO with regional roots who at the same time has many years of international management experience. We are convinced that he will successfully lead our company into the future with his expertise," says Alexander Hawrylenko, Chairman of the Board of Directors of INFORS HT.
19. Mar 2020 We remain available - use our digital communication channels
Due to the development of COVID-19 / Corona many people are concerned. We would like to let you know how we are dealing with the situation.
Our first priority is to protect the health and well-being of our employees, along with our customers, and to do our part to contain the virus. We follow global developments attentively, while implementing WHO recommendations consistently and with the utmost care.
You can access our products and place your requests as usual at www.infors-ht.com. Even in these challenging times, we are happy to provide you with advice and solution-oriented support. Your contact person can be reached by e-mail or telephone at the usual times. You can also contact us via LinkedIn and Facebook.
Take care and support each other. We firmly believe that we will get through the situation together.
27. Jan 2020 New license structure and drivers for eve® - Easier selection and faster connection to third-party devices
With the Q3 2019 release, INFORS HT is changing the licenses for eve®, the platform software for bioprocesses.
Instead of the Core, Plan & Control as well as User Management & Reporting packages, there are three licenses which can now be selected:
- Basic: Essential monitoring and reporting features for shaker and bioreactor experiments, perfect for smaller budgets.
- Standard: Workflow-oriented planning tools including comprehensive features for bioprocess automation, control, monitoring and reporting.
- Premium: Full version to meet the technical requirements of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and EudraLex Annex 11.
For customers, the new license structure offers an easier selection of the appropriate configuration and a simpler overview of the features.
A new driver structure simplifies the connection of various third-party devices. Via a clearly arranged user interface, the user can define parameters which are monitored and controlled via eve®. The new drivers are available for OPC, Modbus and all Applikon bioreactors.
Learn more about eve® and its features.
03. Jan 2020 INFORS HT expands production in Switzerland
A second production line has been in operation since November in the Swiss headquarters in Bottmingen.
18. Dec 2019 Christmas the Swiss way
Get into the Christmas spirit with this delicious Swiss Christmas treat!
- 200 g sugar
- 250 g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 100 g melted swiss chocolate
- 2 egg white
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C and measure out all the ingredients.
2. Mix sugar, almonds, flour, cinnamon and melted chocolate in a bowl. Fold in the egg white and stir until all the ingredients are combined, do not knead. Chill for 1 hour.
3. Sprinkle sugar on to a clean surface and roll out the dough until it is approximately 1 cm thick. Cut out the Brunsli with a shape cutter and let them dry overnight at room temperature.
4. Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 4-6 minutes. Let the Brunsli cool down on the tray. Store in an airtight container
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!
03. Oct 2019 INFORS HT launches new version of the Techfors pilot bioreactor
With the Techfors, INFORS HT is offering a bespoke solution for production-scale bioprocesses. The new pilot bioreactor differs from its predecessors not only in terms of looks. The user interface is consistently workflow-oriented and therefore makes operating the Techfors absolute child's play. With the aid of the eve® bioprocess software, complex bioprocesses can not only be controlled, monitored and analyzed in a GMP-regulated environment, but also documented.
As in the previous models, INFORS HT has implemented a modern design with clear lines. However, the new version of the pilot bioreactor has far much more to offer: "Besides the modern look with ergonomically arranged pumps and a tilting touch screen, we particularly focused on a consistently workflow-oriented user interface," explains Dr. Dirk Hebel, Lead Product Manager Bioreactors, INFORS HT.
The result is a real eye-catcher. Controlling the new Techfors pilot bioreactor using the touch screen user interface is child's play. The software is the same as that used in the smaller bioreactors. The advantage of this is that the user can get started right away – without the need for any familiarization. The interface and procedures are already familiar from the smaller bench-top and parallel bioreactors. The eve® bioprocess software is used not only to control, monitor, and analyze complex bioprocesses but also to document them in conformity with GMP.
The proven advantages of the Techfors are also offered by the new version: each pilot bioreactor is produced precisely according to the customer's requirements. Thanks to the modular design, sensors or analysis devices can be retrofitted at any time later on. The INFORS HT team is available as required to provide support during qualification and validation.
15. Aug 2019 The Minitron has launched featuring the upgraded INFORS HT design
The new design is flawlessly incorporated into the modern laboratory environment, with its fresh white and discreet orange accents. These enhancements also apply to the functionality: The display and important function keys are uniformly positioned across a range of products, and the operating sequences are consistent. It is simple to connect to eve® via a standard Ethernet interface. In other words, anyone who already has a Multitron can use the new Minitron instantly.
The benefits at a glance:
- New INFORS HT design to suit the aesthetics of modern laboratories
- Uniform operation across devices for easy integration
- An Ethernet interface for reliable connection to eve®
We’ve saved the best news until last: The new Minitron will be ready for delivery from September 2019. The previous beige version is now discontinued. Effective immediately, all forthcoming orders will be produced and shipped as the new version.
11. Jun 2019 New release of eve®, the bioprocess platform software
INFORS HT is releasing a new, even more powerful version of eve®. It includes better integration with hardware and software from third-party suppliers. Furthermore, a new alarm function is now available. This alerts the user via email if there are errors or values which deviate during the bioprocess.
The latest eve® version, Q2 2019, makes it even easier to integrate devices and software from third-party manufacturers into the platform. The new email alarm goes beyond the previous control and monitoring via the browser. It notifies the user as soon as an alarm occurs in a specific batch. The parameters for this alarm, such as temperature deviations or network problems, can be specified in advance for each batch. Here is an overview of the most important features of the new eve® version:
- New automatic email alarm system: eve® sends you emails in the case of batch alarms
- Increased compatibility and flexibility with 3rd party devices and software: New REST API and new user interface for drivers to easily and quickly integrate additional devices and software to eve®
- The LIS (Liquid Injection System) shake flask feed pumps from aquila biolabs is now supported by eve®
Additional features and optimizations:
- Improved overall performance when opening batches
- Automatic notification when a new version becomes available
- New SI units for parameters are available
- Designation of user-specified functions in the batch strategy
- Parameters can be renamed to allow adoption of the name(s) used by the connected device
- Customizable OPC (DA, XML DA and UA) drivers with new user interface
- Customizable Modbus (RTU and TCP) driver with new user interface
- Customizable Applikon drivers with new user interface
The new version is available for free download to users with a valid Support & Assurance license.
17. May 2019 Biomass measurement in bioreactors is becoming even simpler and more comprehensive
With the combination of two new products, INFORS HT and aquila biolabs provide a new solution for the automatic, comprehensive and yet straightforward biomass measurement in bioreactors. This is possible with the technology of non-invasive online measurement of biomass which is integrated in the eve® platform software for bioprocesses.
06. May 2019 Minifors 2 bench-top bioreactor now also for cell cultures
INFORS HT expands the product portfolio for cell culture applications. The Minifors 2 bench-top bioreactor, which won the iF Gold Award for its user-friendly design, is now available in a new version. The proven concept – a compact bioreactor system which has comprehensive features and is easy to operate – remains the same.
17. Jan 2019 The best Multitron of all time
A new chapter in an ongoing success story: over 20 years after the Multitron was first introduced on the market, INFORS HT now presents its fourth-generation, redesigned incubation shaker—one representing a new, even better solution for ideal cultivation conditions and delivering unsurpassed capacity, a minimal footprint and easy operation.
The new Multitron offers researchers even better conditions for cultivating microorganisms, cell cultures and phototropic organisms. The new temperature-control concept allows users to achieve optimum, gradient-free temperature uniformity, guaranteeing comparable growth conditions across all batches. The hygienic design of the new Multitron has been improved as well, with rounded interior corners for a chamber that has fewer components, making it far easier to clean. And its new UV decontamination feature, its condensate-free, direct-steam humidification, and its antibacterial coating for the housing mean that the Multitron meets the stringent requirements of cell-culture applications.
The new Multitron also satisfies the increasing efficiency demands of the biotech industry. As was the case with its predecessor, the capacity-to-footprint ratio of this incubation shaker is unlike any other: by using a three-tier stacked configuration, researchers can cultivate over 50 liters and/or 23,000 batches in parallel—even though the base is only 1 m wide. The top unit remains at a comfortable working height of 1.40 m, while the new door mechanism and quick, automated start-stop feature keep interruptions in the cultivation process to a minimum.
“By combining traditional advantages with new features, the new Multitron is a response to trends and to new demands in research and development—developments that include increasing digitalization. Starting now, for example, the Multitron comes with an Ethernet interface that can be used for connecting to simple SCADA software such as eve®,” explains Dr. Dirk Hebel, bioprocess equipment product manager for INFORS HT. Customers can place their orders for the new Multitron with any INFORS HT affiliate or distributor beginning January 18.